Re: [NTLK] HWR and smaller screens

From: James Witte (jswitte_at_bloomington.in.us)
Date: Fri Nov 02 2001 - 01:04:21 EST

> Why does a smaller screen/body rule out real handwriting?
> "Because there isn't enough space, unless your handwriting is really tiny.
> The screen space of the MP2100 is OK in this respect, and certainly better than the MP120 I used before. With the 160 x 160 pixel space of the Palm, enabling real HWR doesn't help much. Printing single letters in a small space is actually the best you can do when you have to live with these limitations."

  I find that it's easier to write on my Newton (2100) in landscape mode
rather than portrait. I think this is because there's more room laterally
so I can write out more of a sentence at a time. I also tend to twist my
hand around up and clockwise (I'm right-handed) when "writing into a
corner", which distorts the hanwriting, although I don't know if this is
just my own "bad-HW quirk" or if this is common.

Jim