Re: [NTLK] Ed's guru status?

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Nov 01 2001 - 17:07:24 EST

Hmmm, it seems that this quiz is a little one sided.
This quiz is for a Newton guru.
Now, I'll admit that I'm not a Newton guru. But when
it comes to gadgets. Well, I have quite a bit of them.
I think I've given my list of toys more than once on
this list. Just suffice it to say that I've been in
the PDA world, activly since the AT&T EO (still use my
440!) And have played with every handheld device
since. (it used to be my job to play with these things
for several weeks at a time.)
But other things are gadgets other than PDA and the
like. I enjoy my toys and I enjoy the things my toys
can do! From my lowly LED flashlight (super
cool...it's the size of a penlight, you shake it and a
magnet inside slides back and forth inside a coil
winding, creating electricity to charge a capacitor to
generate light for several minutes!) to my Olympus
2100 digital camera (well, actually, my newt was more
expensive...)
I enjoy my toys...
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Michael_Guzzo/Harmac_at_harmac.com wrote:

> This quiz is for entertainment purposes only. Any
> resemblances to real
> situations is purely conincidence.
>
> Answer the following questions and then total your
> score.
>
> 1. How many times have you read the FAQ before
> posting
> a. what's an FAQ - 1 point
> b. Sometimes - 5 points
> c. I *wrote* for the FAQ - 10 points
>
> 2. How many Newtons do you/have you own(ed)
> a. one - 1 point
> b. a couple - 5 points
> c. My name is Woo - 10 points
>
> 3. How many '61 fixes do you use
> a. Huh? - 1 point
> b. My Newt is being upgraded - 5 points
> c. I use 'em all - 10 points
>
> 4. I use my Newton mainly for:
> a. Reminding me that "Friends" is on - 1 point
> b. Serving anti-Palm pages from NPDS - 5 points
> c. Programming ATA/Airport/Waba/VNC - 10 points
>
> 5. How many packages are on your Newton
> a. I can load packages? - 1 point
> b. about 100 - 5 points
> c. My name is Woo - 10 points
>

> Scoring
> -------
> 0 to 5: Idiot
> 5 to 10: Need to get rid of the OMP
> 10 to 15: Still trying to sync to Palm Desktop
> 15 to 20: Lost connection to desktop because of
> communications error (-1)
> 20 to 30: Semi-gadget guru
> 30 to 45: Power User
> 45 to 50: Full wiz-bang Newtonite
>
> --
> Michael Guzzo
> http://home.att.net/~michael.guzzo/newton/newton.html

=====
note: This does not constitute a sig file...