Re: [NTLK] OT: *.dat file?

From: SlashDevNull (SlashDevNull_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Nov 01 2001 - 12:02:23 EST

Salutations,

  Sure, change the extension. However, I would open the file in a binary
editor first. Usually files have a unique string in the first couple, or
so, bytes that is consistent with the type of file it is.

  So I would try to see what that file has in the beginning and then maybe
look at the file that you think it matches. Yup, it will be a pain.

  Or maybe you can try dropping the file on an open applications icon or the
title bar of the open application. Windows often lets the user directly
open a file that way.

Good luck,
David