Re: [NTLK] LOTR (Lord of the Rings) in Newton Book format

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Nov 01 2001 - 03:50:55 EST

on 01-11-2001 1:06, Ed Kummel at tech_ed_at_yahoo.com wrote:

> I apologize for the speed (or lack there-of). This is being served from my
> server at home and it is only on an ISDL connection...144kbs...(hey, if you're
> on a Newt, you won't notice the speed problem)

Ed, the first book within a minute on ADSL, about 40k per second, not slow
in my book ;-)

I would reconsider the "If you do not own a copy of this book, and you
download these copies for your Newton, you will purchase a copy ASAP to
avoid infringing on the original copyright owner."
though and remove that phrase entirely, just keeping the
"You have a printed and purchased copy of J.R.R. Tolkiens's "Lord of the
Rings", the complete novel."
I don't think I would be impressed if I were a copyright lawyer by the
"ASAP"

Robert Benschop