Re: [NTLK] LOTR (Lord of the Rings) in Newton Book format

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Nov 01 2001 - 01:52:53 EST

I have to appologize for the "hoops" that I'm forcing
some of you to go through. I just want to be safe just
incase some big movie studio comes emailing to my
address demanding that I compensate them for copyright
violations.
The rules for downloading the packages is that you
must supply me with a name that is at least 5
characters (no longer than 50 though). I don't care
what name you give as long as I have something (got a
visit from Wayne Gretsky...cool!) Someone tried to get
away with "me" or "10" so I had to add the length
rule. (it's harder to fake a name if you have to stop
and think about it!) I am also forcing all entries to
the download page to come through the login page. So,
don't book mark the download page. It won't work. (you
can't spoof it either, Cold Fusion is a server-side
interpreter...and it's quite secure)
And lastly, I am forcing the clicking of the Accept
button. You can't proceed by just hitting "enter"
(besides, you should be downloading this with your
Newt...it's much cooler that way!)
So, that said, have fun, happy reading and let me know
if I can be of help.
Ed
web/gadget guru

=====
note: This does not constitute a sig file...