Re: [NTLK] Question on internet for newton

From: Eric L. Strobel (fyzycyst_at_home.com)
Date: Fri Jun 29 2001 - 10:59:12 PDT

on or about 6/29/01 1:41 PM, the following may or may not have been typed by
Garrett Power at gettenripped_at_home.com:

> Are there any free internet providers I can use with my newton? I have a
> cable modem and a network but I do not know of any good network cars that I
> can used for the newton to transfer files and pkg to the newton. I hear the
> 3com eitherlink III is one you can use. I found it for 14 dollars at
> computer-show.com is the one that will work with the newton? And how will I
> be able to set up the network etc to transfer files to the newton? Thanks

This is actually a two part question.

First, accessing your existing cable modem internet connection from your
Newt. (Might help to tell folks what Newt you're using...) However, this
has little to do with free internet providers, as you should just be able to
access your @home account.

Second, what are the free internet providers (if any) that are
Newt-friendly?

Not that I have an answer for either, but separately, the answers to these
questions would be useful to me.

- Eric.