Re: [NTLK] NID [Was: Help]

From: Eric L. Strobel (fyzycyst_at_home.com)
Date: Thu Jun 28 2001 - 18:38:42 PDT

somewhere near the temporal coordinates of 6/28/01 4:50 PM, the entity known
as Paul Guyot transmitted the following from pguyot_at_kallisys.net:

> The doc says that you can grab the Newton unique ID since NewtonOS
> 2.0. This surprised me as the MP120 have the same hardware with NOS
> 2.0 and 1.3.

Perhaps the chip was there, with the intention of implementing the hardware
ID (for whatever reason), but the OS functionality was slipped to 2.0. You
know, like maybe Apple intended to have OS 2.0 from the start on the 120,
but someone's schedule slipped or there was a management decision or
something.

- Eric.