Re: [NTLK] My Newton is DOA

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Wed Jun 27 2001 - 07:27:56 PDT

ThisOlNewt_at_aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 6/26/01 9:15:12 PM, don_at_dcphotos.com writes:
>
> << I removed the battery and cards and let it set for about 8 hours and
> still DEAD! >>
>
> Did you make sure it was unplugged also. I had to once wait over night with=20
> its batteries and cards out and not plugged in. Then in the am hook up the A=
> C=20
> adapter, hit the reset button while holding down the powerswitch. If there i=
> s=20
> life you should get the " do you wanna erase all the data?" dialog hit no an=
> d=20
> it should boot up. Without loos of data.=20
> If that works do a full back up then do a brainwhipe ( see the FAQ)

Yes, make sure you unplug it when leaving it alone. Remove batteries and
unplug it from the adapter. A couple of hours should be fine. Then,
press the reset button on the back and, while keeping it pressed, flip
the On-Off switch down and keep it down (still pressing the reset
switch) until you see the message asking if you really want to
completely erase the internal memory. Tap "No". Your MP should come back
to life.

Rich, BTW, it seems your posts are coming in HTML, which Listar doesn't
like much...

-Laurent.