Re: [NTLK] REX

From: Chet Johns (tcjohns_at_home.com)
Date: Sun Jun 24 2001 - 18:25:32 PDT

Off topic but it seems a lot of Newton users also use the Rex organizer, so
here goes. Has anyone had any luck downloading to the Rex organizer using a
Mac running VPC. I've got the USB dock, have loaded all the software and
tried multiple different permutations but it still will not recognize the
presence of the card in the USB dock. I also tried the PCMCIA slot on my
powerbook but this didn't work either. It's unfortunate that they didn't see
fit to write drivers for the Mac, but I've otherwise had such good luck with
VPC.

Oh, and my Newton Message Pad 2000 is running fine. I'm still looking around
for a modem card and memory card but the prices at ebay seem way to high.
Again any thoughts on the best modem and memory cards are appreciated.

Glad to see the Newton bulletin board up and running again.

Chet Johns