Re: [NTLK] I need Newton OS 2 or later!

From: gopi_at_sin.sloth.org
Date: Sat Jun 23 2001 - 22:16:41 PDT

On Sun, 24 Jun 2001, Dave G wrote:

> I have a newton 1000 and it has the 1.04 os on the newton. Is there anyway I
> can put the os on the newton. My problem is that I have a g3 b/w computer
> and I have no way of connecting the computer to the newton. I do have a pc
> laptop with the two card slots. Is there a way I can put that 2 meg flash
> card in there and copy the program I need on there. Please help me out
> thanks.

What you have is an original messagepad, the very first Apple shipped. You
can't upgrade it to OS 2.x. You can put 1.05 on it, but that's about
it. You can install packages onto the Newton via serial from your PC
laptop. OS 2.0 is 8MB, and it's ROM only. There is no way to upgrade
anything but an MP120 to OS 2.0. MP130 and MP2000/2100 and eMate 300 units
shipped with OS 2.0 or 2.1.

Sorry. Hope that helps clear up the confusion.

gopi.