Re: [NTLK] Downloading from UNNA

From: Bill Davis (newton_at_ecity.net)
Date: Sat Jun 23 2001 - 17:30:16 PDT

>Help.
>Everything I download from UNNA comes out as a plain page icon and
>refuses to install on my mp2x00.

You need to alter your Internet file type settings so that .pkg files are
assigned to Newton Connection utilties when downloaded. It's in the
Internet Control Panel. You may find that a file extention to Mac
type-and-creator mapping already exists for .pkg files, assigned to the
old AppleLink online service compressed file format. Just change it to
point at NCU (I rather doubt you have too many AppleLink package
around.... ;-)

>I think I remember some thread about
>converting packages but can't find it.

Did you check the FAQ?

>I tried to download from my mp
>but it refuses: says I'm missing data x-plugin or something (running net
>hopper, can't find Newtscape home page).

Net Hopper doesn't support installing packages.

Newt's Cape is at

http://members.home.net/saweyer/newton/

(this was probably in the FAQ too)

 - Bill