Re: [NTLK] MP130 and Modem Gateway?

From: Presence (presence_at_irev.net)
Date: Fri Jun 22 2001 - 09:41:11 PDT

   I used "Bridge" also at one point. Was a great story too: In my
company's new offices they purchased new workstations, all of which were
connected via ethernet. All the old PCs were given away to charity,
including the modems that were in 'em. Then, like two weeks into this new
modemless office someone realizes that this antiquated credit card
software requires a dialup... and there's not a single stinkin modem
anywhere in the 50-computer network.

   I whipped out my Newt130 and 'bridge' and saved the day... The other
two techs were dumbfounded.

   To save space, I removed the bridge package... but a few months later
needed it again and downloaded 'bridge', version 2. It did NOT work, same
as Eric below: I could throw AT commands at the modem, but couldn't get
a dialup connection. I realized I had used 'bridge' version 1 back at the
office and haven't I been able to find that package since. :^/

  - Presence
    http://presence.irev.net/