Re: [NTLK] No longer supported software...

From: Konstantinos Xonis (Konstantinos.Xonis_at_physik.uni-giessen.de)
Date: Fri Jun 22 2001 - 06:36:32 PDT

In <E15DMgP-000492-00_at_asparagus.localnet> matthew_at_crescent.org.uk wrote:
[..]
> A trusted member of the list sets up a Kagi account and we charge $10 for a
> copy. This money stays in the account for 2 yrs after which it's given to a
> charity. We publicise this BIG TIME so that hopefully the authors will come
> forward. If they do they get the money (or maybe donate it anyhow) they then
> have the option to let us know what they want to do.
[..]

and

in <B758BB0B.D2E1%fyzycyst_at_home.com> "Eric L. Strobel"
<fyzycyst_at_home.com> wrote:
[..]
> The other question with this is what to
> do about code that needs a registration key. Does somebody on the list
> crack it?

I would say this is a good idea. But if possible, we should do it in a
way that
does not depend on a credit card ( for those like me !) and to have kind
of a
"local" account, to save on wiring fees.

Doing the cracks would be an option if not already done for a specific
PKG, but depends
on how the registration code is implemented.

in <B7588E94.735%jimthej_at_pacbell.net> jimthej_at_pacbell.net wrote:
> What about packages that were originally only $5?

We could tell the extra $5 a moral compensation for cracking their reg
codes, and
for the ones that were above $10 originally... Does it make sense ?

Just a quick'n'lazy draft of ideas...

regards,

--
Konstantinos XONIS (XAKChaos of XAK-Design Wetzlar)
Buderusstrasse 14   FAX: +49 6441 390 943