Re: [NTLK] notes and scrolling..

From: Brian McEwen (bmcewen_at_cowboy.net)
Date: Fri Jun 22 2001 - 05:45:55 PDT

> > when i made it mini, i figured i ought to file the Extras app in with
> > all the others that were on the bar instead of lving by itself in the
> > Unfiled folder. BAD IDEA. now, when i retore the buttonbar _nothing_
> > is in it, not even the Extras Drawer! so, i hit the restart button,
> > hoping to fool the goblins responsible, no dice. I hit the restart

well, before you nuke everything (depending on how recent your backup is
this migth be easiest anyway) you can get the Emergency or similar package
from SBM or (another guy)- there's an app that if you put it on a card (on
another Newton) when you insert it in your (locked) newton, it *should*
autoconnect to NCU and you could backup your whole MP that way. It's made
for situations where the MP powers up but your screen is broken. Then a
full reset wouldn't be so bad. I think from SBM, but not certain.

The other thing that would help, is if somehow you could autorun one of
the Package Manager utils, like the one bundled in Newtcase, or I think
SAS has one that you can demo (doesn't SAS have one of everything :?)
If you could somehow run that, you could delete the mini-BB ap or
whatever it was that's messed you up.

Along those lines, I couldn't decide if Avi's backdrop was gone for good
in your display, or not- if it's still there, maybe one of the apps in
your "recent" backdrop button might let you get to Extras? Depends on
your setup I guess.

Sounds like a emergency backup and then a wipe might be your only
recourse...