Re: [NTLK] Tim's newton problems.

From: Gary Moody (gmoody_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jun 20 2001 - 17:41:55 PDT

Okay, All the Chinese resources that I am aware of are:

Sean Luke - http://www.cs.umd.edu/users/seanl/newton/

This page has:

CharDict and CharDict+ for NewtonOS 2.x - CharDict is a dictionary of 4000
basic Chinese characters, including definitions, pronounciations in Mandarin
and Cantonese, traditional and simplified variants, and usage frequency.
CharDict+ is all that plus 2600 or even 14,000 compound Chinese words to
boot.

Radicals for NewtonOS 2.x - Radicals is a radical/stroke-based Chinese input
system designed to be used like Chinese dictionaries are. Native Chinese
won't find it very useful, but we non-native students of the language will
find it indespensable.

Cantonese Yale Romanization Input Module for NewtonOS 2.x - An input module
for Joseph Chen's Chinese Input System that he was kind enough to make based
on data I had available.

Fonts for the Newton - Chinese and laser printer fonts for the Newton
MessagePad.

Richard C.L. Li - http://www.ee.cityu.edu.hk/~clli/lsprobig5coder.html

This page has:

LSProBIG5Coder is a BIG5 character set component for LunaSuite Pro.
Installing this package can let you read and sent BIG5 coded Chinese
E-mails. - Features - Full BIG5 code range, 13932 characters supported. -
Full integration with LunaSuite Pro.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Gary