Re: [NTLK] Messagepad 2100 backlight BUZZING

From: Marco Mailand (mmailand_at_newted.dyndns.org)
Date: Mon Jun 18 2001 - 08:44:02 PDT

> >Does your company have any way of making the use of the 2100
> >backlight absolutely SILENT????
> In fact, if you listen carefully, you'll notice that even without the
> backlight on, the Newton whines. Of course, compared to the fans of
> the desktop computer/external drives, it's ridiculous.
Maybe except the Apple Cube...

Okay, I thought about attacking the whining noise too:
1. Unsolder the transformer
2. surround its pads with wax or grease
3. put it under vacuum and seal it with any liquid laquer or epoxy resin
4. vent with air and every cavity should be filled with whatever was used
(its a shame that Apple didn't do that!!!)
5. resolder the transformer and cross your fingers...

I was so close to try this but I broke the glass dome of my home vacuum
equipment ;-(

--
With best regards / Viele Gruesse
Marco Mailand