Re: [NTLK] Ethernet cards for eMate (why?)

From: Ryan Dorman (rwdorman_at_marauder.millersville.edu)
Date: Sat Jun 16 2001 - 18:49:51 PDT

Internet access. I use my eMate at work. I am a netowrking technician for
my University and we have to go to different buildings and hook up to the
netowrk for tesings purposes. Every building has a different subnet and
default router. the portable that i was given for work is gateway wintel
machine. Windows 9x does not allow switching of network information without
rebooting. NT is not suporte don the machine so i put linux on it. But
with my rusty eMate and ethernet card i have access to all my jobsite info
that i keep in it normally, plus telnet (the main purpose) in a package that
weighs considerably less.

Ryan Dorman