Re: [NTLK] Newt and the Sprint Wireless Web "Modem"

From: Bill Wilson (bill_at_wlwdesign.com)
Date: Fri Jun 15 2001 - 20:14:17 PDT

Posted this to NT2 the other day, but since it's going into
hibernation, I thought I'd throw it open to the "one and only,
original" Newton list...

At 9:55 PM +0000 6/13/01, NewtonTalk2_at_yahoogroups.com wrote:
>Message: 5
> Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 02:33:49 -0400
> From: Bill Wilson <bill_at_wlwdesign.com>
>Subject: Re: Newt and the Sprint Wireless Web "Modem"
>
>This is probably too much to ask, but:
>
>Any chance I could use my Sprint PC card connection to hook up my
>2100 to my Samsung 8500? (It works just fine with my PowerBook...)
>I've followed the thread about using the PDA data cable, but since
>the MP has card slots, I wondered if it was worth a shot and, if so,
>how?
>
>Just curious...and be kind; I'm a Newton "newbie." ;-)
>
>--Bill

Also: Any chance I can use the same Viking 56k PC Card modem and/or
Farallon Ethernet PC card I currently use on my PowerBook with my
MP2100? (I'm going on a few extensive trips this summer, and I want
to consolidate as much as possible. As it's the first time I'll be
"on the road" with either of my portables, I could use some "road
warrior" advice as well...)

Forgive me if at least the "card thing" is covered in the FAQs; we've
been having 'Net probs and I can't access the FAQ page at the moment
to check...

Thanks,
Bill