[NTLK] Re: Newtourage is great!

From: Loren Finkelstein (Loren_at_Finkelstein.Net)
Date: Thu Jun 14 2001 - 09:39:20 PDT

On 6/14/01 12:04 PM, "John M. Powell" <quixjuan_at_QuixNet.net> wrote:

> Newtourage?
>
> A successful sync?
>
> Tell me more...
>
> John

The current incarnation of Newtourage only syncs the name's app with
Entourage's contacts. Future releases will hopefully delve into the
Calendar and Notes.

It's an OS 9 app that works fine under OS X.

The first time you connect you tell it which has the data, Newt or
Entourage, and it copies everything over. And it takes a very long time.
My 1400 contacts was probably over an hour (ethernet connection), but I
don't remember exactly how long.

The data transfers very nicely. Lots of phone numbers, multiple addresses,
multiple e-mail addresses, birthdays.

After the initial setup, synchs are much faster, 5 minutes or so. Works
exactly like a sync should. If you change one record on the Newt, and
another record on Entourage, the correct information makes it to both
places.

Also, other info is not lost. For example, If I have a name on the newton
with MI links and notes, and I change the persons phone number in Entourage,
after syncing the name in the Newton has the new number, but still has the
MI links and the note, even though they don't show up in Entourage.

I haven't tried changing the same record on both and then syncing, but I am
not sure I would want to try that. :-)

Check out...
http://www.zbzoom.net/~jdpizzo

Loren