[NTLK] Re: ...ouch, it's that simple...

From: Bob R. Kenyon (rrk_at_bobrk.com)
Date: Wed Jun 13 2001 - 12:44:04 PDT

At 15:24 -0400 2001/6/13, Victor Rehorst wrote:
>On Wed, 13 Jun 2001, Robert Benschop wrote:
> >
> > But isn't that a good thing in the end, makes sure that somebody isn't
>> subscibing (or unsubscribing) somebody else as a prank ?
>
>Yes. Exactly. IIRC this was a problem with PlanetNewton's list.

And it's not like it's particularly hard to respond!

Anyway, I'm glad to see that there is still some Newton activity
going on. By way of introduction (I just joined this morning), I got
an MP2000 back in '97, upgraded it to a 2100 and have been using it
ever since. I have a MegaHertz CruiseCard for it, but that's about it.

At my last job, my manager saw me using my Newton, and I guess he
felt sorry for me, and handed me his old Palm Pilot Professional.
Just gave it to me. I tried it for a while, but it just didn't have
the same feel that the Newton did, and the software wasn't as good.
The only thing I liked about it was the near ubiquity of software and
its compatibility with both the windoze boxes and the Macintosh.

I'm hoping that a good grass roots effort will come up to enable the
Newton to continue to thrive despite its "obsolescence."

--
Bob R. Kenyon
Beautiful Downtown San Jose, CA