[NTLK] Re: FAQ

From: Robert Benschop (robertbenschop_at_bigfoot.com)
Date: Tue Jun 12 2001 - 14:29:32 PDT

on 12-06-2001 11:18, Robert Squared at ripnrob_at_io.com wrote:

> So maybe I missed something but, I signed up the the Planet Newton
> mailing list, not this one. I did not see an invitation to move to a
> new list, or that the old one was going away.
>
> I want to know Who took my email address and subscribed me to this list
> with out my consent or knowledge.
>
> -Robert

Hello Robert,

seems that you missed Victor's welcome post, so I'll put underneath.
Since you didn't read this I guess other people might not have gotten it
either so I'll post all this on the list instead of a private email.

Robert Benschop

Some members of the Newton community have taken this time to take over the
list so that it will not suffer any kind of mismanagement.

This message has also been cross-posted to the NewtonTalk2 list at
yahoo.com. I would like to strongly, strongly encourage anyone subscribed
at NewtonTalk2 to move over to the new list. We do not have a TOS like
Yahoo. All posts will remain the property of the poster.

If you don't care, are angry that you even got this message, and want to
get off, send a message to newtontalk-request_at_newtontalk.net and put the
single word "unsubscribe" (without the quotes) in the body of the message.
Follow the instructions you receive.

If you do care, then welcome back! We hope that this incarnation of the
list is here to stay. The server and list are both administered by Newton
users, and we will strive to keep it that way.

The list's new homepage is:

http://www.newtontalk.net

It's pretty bare now, but in the next few days there will be a web
interface to subscribe, unsubscribe, and change your digest options. For
now, you can read about how to interact with the list software via e-mail
to change your options. There will also be real, actual, regularly
updated and searchable list archives Real Soon Now.

The list is set up to strip ALL MIME attachments and HTML.

The list software is Listar v0.129a, and the server is a Sun SparcStation
5 running NetBSD 1.5.1. The server hardware and bandwidth were donated by
Bill Shamam <bill_at_guns-media.com>. Disk space was donated by Ed Kummel
<tech-ed_at_yahoo.com>. Much technical support in getting the server going
was provided by St. Carneous of disklabel(8). The domain was registered
by Thomas Tempelman and paid for by Robert Benschop. Thanks everyone!