Re: [NTLK] Life with MAC OS X & the New G4 Macs

From: Josh mac.com (senorwences_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Jul 31 2001 - 20:36:01 EDT

> Its called a USB->Serial adaptor and classic mode.
> At least, I think that will work, im just $200 short of getting my new
> iBook and finding out first hand. I think this was covered a few
> weeks ago, tho.

Applications running in Classic on OS X DO NOT touch any hardware that you
might have connected to your Mac.

The solution is AppleTalk over TCP/IP, which is still supported in the OS.
You will need an ethernet card and a hub to connect your Newton to your Mac
through NCU or some other app.

Josh Burker