[NTLK] Works pictures into Photoshow?

From: Jeremy Bond Shepherd (jbond_at_eskimo.com)
Date: Tue Jul 31 2001 - 15:04:56 EDT

Hi gang,

I recently bought Landware Photoshow, which is a really neat application
that allows you to import .BMP or PICT images into the Newton, then view
them with full scrolling/zooming ability. It's the best application I've
found so far for storing and viewing images on the Newton.

The one thing I haven't been able to do is get it to view images that are
already on the Newton, such as e-mailed pictures and pictures I've saved
into Works papers. I've got a collection of pictures I've saved off to
Works papers from Newt'sCape, and would love to get these into Photoshow,
but the only way so far I've found to do it is X-Port an RTF, open the RTF
on a desktop, copy/paste the image into an image editor, save as .BMP, and
import into Photoshow using X-Port.

A bit cumbersome, and requires a trip to the desktop.

Has anybody else figured out a way to get Photoshow to access images stored
elsewhere on the Newt?

Or, has anyone else discovered any other good solutions for image
storing/viewing (with scroll/zoom capability)?

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

-Jeremy