Re: [NTLK] Witty Keys

From: Ian Milne (ian.milne_at_adelaide.edu.au)
Date: Sun Jul 29 2001 - 01:04:05 EDT

/rant/
I use Witty Keys and i++ on my Newt, and they would have to be the 2
best pieces of software I have installed.

As I make use of (especially) i++ everyday, I have no problem at all
in paying the $20 or whatever it was to get both programs (and Back
Yard as well, although I prefer Avi's Backdrop).

If you don't use it, and can't justify spending money on it, don't.
But if you do use it, the price of the software is so insignificantly
low, that it is worth rewarding the author for his hard (and ongoing)
work.

As software consumers, we have no problem spending mega-bucks for the
latest and greatest pile of bug-ridden sloppy coding from M$ or Adobe
(both of which have next to nothing when it comes to end-user support
unless you want to spend a few hundred more bucks) but for some
reason we can't support a shareware author who is actually helping a
VERY small community with both good software and excellent support....

Ian
/end rant/