Re: [NTLK] 802.11b Wireless Cards?

From: John Ruschmeyer (jruschme_at_home.com)
Date: Thu Jul 26 2001 - 21:13:22 EDT

You're welcome.

So we now know that the driver is putting the card into the older Ad-Hoc
Demo Mode (AHDM), not IBSS. IIRC, it should also work with an
Airport-equipped Mac in "computer-to-computer" mode.

Hmm... should also work nicely with a Net/FreeBSD system. (The BSD driver
still uses the older mode.) I haven't figured out yet how to put the Linux
driver in that mode.

<<<John>>>