Re: [NTLK] 802.11b Wireless Cards?

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Thu Jul 26 2001 - 16:35:42 EDT

On Thursday, July 26, 2001, at 04:21 PM, Poppleton, Ken (MED) wrote:

> I have an iMac and a MP2000U. Can two 802.11 Wireless Ethernet cards
> communicate directly or is a base station necessary? If the cards can
> communicate directly what is the advantage of the base station?
>
> To answer these is there an 802.11 FAQ somewhere?

If the iMac acts as a software base station, and if somebody ever comes
with a 802.11b driver for the Newton, that might work. I know, I know, I
said a few times I'd be working on this, and I am, but I'm at the very
beginning of the process of having all the required pieces setup, so
don't hold your breath...

-Laurent.