Re: [NTLK] Newbie (more) needs help

From: Steve Lombardi (stevelombardi_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Jul 24 2001 - 09:36:31 EDT

At 2:19 AM -0400 7/24/01, newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net wrote:
>Now is there anyway to get it to work on my USB desktop G4? I have a
>Belkin serial adapter, the kind that gets all stacked in a tower with
>other hubs and components, and so far, NBU doesn't see it.
>
>Anyone have any luck with this set up, or do I need to get another
>serial to USB adapter?

I don't know about the Belkin, but the Keyspan (which I have) does
not support AppleTalk, only a straight serial connection. So try
changing the prefs on both the Mac (NCU) and the Newton Dock to
"serial".

FWIW, the serial connection thing was a royal pain in the ass (IMHO).
I got an Ethernet card (a D-660 from MacZone, about $40) and now my
connection works like a charm and is far faster too.

--

-- Steve Lombardi http://stevelombardi.com