[NTLK] eMate Memory Vendors

From: John Venzon (jvenzon_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Jul 23 2001 - 15:02:12 EDT

To all eMate owners:

Otto was right about memory vendors, so far the people I've talked to have a
minumum order of 200, plus they won't sell to us, the Newton Owners. We'd
have to be a reseller, which I suppose if I bought 200 memory units to sell,
I would become a reseller. To wit:

John,

I'm sorry but we will not be able to help you. Firstly, we do not sell
directly to end-users but instead through a channel of resellers and
distributors, Secondly, the quantitiy requirements necessary to set-up
manufacturing on these would be a minimum quantity of 200 modules.

If we locate some finished modules somewhere I will let you know about them.

regards,

Simon Crossley
Director of Sales
EDGE Memory* & EDGE Digital Media* Products
By Peripheral Enhancements Corp.
an ISO 9002-certified company.

800-259-8989 ext. 565
Fax 972-239-4214
scrossley_at_peripheral.com
www.peripheral.com
www.newerram.com

I'm still waiting to hear back from one other vendor, but things aren't
looking great. We'll see.

John V