Re: [NTLK] Epson driver

From: Andy Pasulka (anp_at_imaxx.net)
Date: Sun Jul 22 2001 - 07:34:32 EDT

> Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 22:31:00 +0100
> From: Thomas Hart <those_at_mac.com>
> Subject: Re: [NTLK] Epson driver
>

> Yes, I gave both the Epson driver that's there on its own, that one just
> locked up, and the Epson Stylus driver in PrintPack2, which just gives
> me mountains of gibberish, although I have never seen so many variations
> of cedille. I will try the other Epson drivers and see what happens.

When you plug in your Newton Print Pack cable, you *must* disconnect any
other connection to the printer (ie, what might be connecting the printer to
a desktop machine via serial or USB). Shut off the printer, disconnect the
other connections, plug in the Print Pack, and turn the printer on. Then you
should be able to print. If you have more than one connection to the
printer, the Newton loses the duel. =P

You must have the Print Pack v.2.0 software (at least the specific drivers
for the Epson printers from PP v.2.0), and IIRC, hardware, too. My cable
part number is 590-2227, made by a company called ACP. I seem to remember we
concluded that there were two versions of Print Pack cables (this discussion
came up about a year ago, didn't it?).

Alas, the Epson can't do this 'source switching' on the fly.

ANP

--

cleverly disguised as a responsible adult Andy Pasulka anp_at_imaxx.net