Re: [NTLK] I'm desperated

From: Brian McEwen (bmcewen_at_cowboy.net)
Date: Sat Jul 21 2001 - 20:54:24 EDT

On Sun, 22 Jul 2001, Thomas Hart wrote:
> Does anyone have a sourcce for a PrintPack2 cable, or a do it yourself
> site for one?

Macresq.com had some at one point. ebay or usenet is about your only
other option, www.pdaconnection.com might have had some once also.
www.shrevesystems.com or www.sunremarketing.com also have some stuff like
this. It's been a year or more since I last looked for one at a reseller
of old Mac junk :/

You can't really build your own unless you are pretty knowledgeable, even
the non-apple GDT printpack (missing the ROM that has the newton .pkg
drivers built-in) has some chips and buffering- ie, not just switching
wires around like adapting a com port to the Apple serial.

The only ones that work are the Apple printpack cables, and the GDT model
printpack cables. Infowave or the other brand name (they've changed hands
a few times) are all newer model cables that will not work with the
Newton.

You can get more details from the current printpack makers. I emailed
with them a while ago and they were helpful. The www.infowave.com URL
used to link or redirect to the new company (sorry I don't recall the
name).

Luck!

Brian