Re: [NTLK] I'm desperated

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Jul 21 2001 - 18:59:35 EDT

Well, there's only one way I can think of. Get an
ethernet card for you Newt and your PC. Get a Proxy
software for your PC (JanaProx is a very good proxy
application. It's free and it also does email!)
Connect your Newt to your PC via the ethernet cards
and a cross-over ethernet cable. (or if you want, get
a hub and connect your machines through that) Set the
browser software on your Newt to the proxy of your PC
and viola! There you have it! Whenever your Newt
requests internet access, it will go ask the proxy
(which is your PC) and then your PC will "proxy" the
connection through it's modem!

Of course, it's a lot more involved than I have laid
it out here, but this is not the forum for
instructions on Proxy applications. If you need
documentation on Proxy's, I would suggest that you
visit JanaProx's web site (any search engine search on
"janaprox" will get you there) or you can even visit
WinProxy. Both sites have excellent general
instructions on Proxy software. (you can get the
documentation at WinProxy by downloading their
cripple-ware version...I suggest that you throw away
the software, but keep the manual! It's an excellent
tutorial! The software is too complicated to use in a
home environment) But JanaProx also has a fine manual!

I did this for years before getting my business class
DSL (all my machines now have their own IP and I go
through a router now...no modem involved!)

Ed
web/gadget guru

--- durgeles <durgeles_at_wanadoo.es> wrote:

> Hi everybody!
> I have a messagepad 2000 and I would like to
> navigate on the net through my PC'S modem (W98). Is
> there any possibility to achive it??
> I will wait for your answer "ansiouxly"
>
> -- Diego --
> **Madrid**
> (SPAIN)

=====
note: This does not constitute a sig file...