Re: [NTLK] Smalltalk and OO

From: John Johnson (kamikazebear_at_excite.com)
Date: Thu Jul 19 2001 - 20:11:18 EDT

On Fri, 13 Jul 2001 05:23 -0700 (PDT), newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net wrote:

> Yup, thanks to Eleu for hosting our meeting! We'll turn that Linux head
> into a Newton Head yet!
>
> Wow, food(krispy kremes too) and coffee and Newtons, even a 'noisy'
> MP100... ;-)
> LaNUG is growing! Watchout!
>
> BTW, Great move David H.! I'm gonna order a few from ya!
> ------------------
> > I've found it confusing in the past that a language translation
> >program for the Newt has the same name (almost) as the first
> object-oriented
> >programming language. This very subject came up this evening at our
latest
> >wonderful six-hour Los Angeles Newton Group meeting.
> ------------------
>
> !ooW %-)
> http://www.newtontalk.net
It almost makes me wish I was there but I'd find it hard to make the
air-fare on my so-called 'income' but...
'squeak' was the nearest I came but that was from another bod on the list
but when I looked at the ftp files what I found seemed more PPC-friendly
than newt-oriented: perhaps I'll do a general browse and report back if I
find anything worth the memoryspace (one whole year and I haven't even found
my first storage card but, I'll find a supplier eventually!).
   !J nhoJ