[NTLK] dying Flash card?

From: Steve C. (synthman_at_loop.com)
Date: Wed Jul 18 2001 - 01:56:17 EDT

This has probably been discussed and I missed it in my stupor -- if so
forgive me...

I have a 16MB Smart Flash card that isn't so smart as of today... instead
of mounting on wake up, my u2000 is giving me messages along the lines of
"Problem with storage" and "This card appears to be new blah blah" (with
an Erase button). Attempting to erase it gives "This card cannot be read
due to an error (-10606). To use this card you must first erase it."
Erasing it again gives the same message. One out of 6 or 7 tries will
bring it up properly, only to have it croak with an "error in storage"
soon after.

Do flash memory cards just "die" after awhile? Is there a little backup
battery that's given up the ghost?

And finally, where do flash memory cards go when they die?

Best,
Steve C.