[NTLK] MP2100 case: solution

From: Doug Ramsay (doug_ramsay_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Jul 16 2001 - 12:43:21 EDT

Hi NTLK'ers:

Earlier I posted a request for suggestions regarding a new case fro my
MP2100 (thanks for the responses...). Based on my requirements, here's what
I came up with. The case is the Daytimer Personal Organizer System, model
name - Verona, Item #82851, desk size. What I like about this case is that
it's zippered, has plenty of pockets for biz cards and PCMCIA cards, two pen
holder/stylus holders, an outer pocket, along with an inner zip pocket and
storage area. I also did not have to remove the 3-ring binder clasp to house
the MP, which means I can still carry the 5.5" x 8.5" loose leaf paper,
leaving the planner to operate in its intended fashion if I choose to at a
later date. In terms of keeping the Newton snug (major importance), I used
industrial strength velcro strips at the top and bottom of the MP, and
inside the case. I've removed the MP a few times, no velcro problems.

Though I wasn't able to meet two of my requirements (low cost and mobile
phone area), it works perfectly for me. The cost was $69 at Office Depot. If
you have slim form phone, like the Nokia 51xx/61xx models, you *may* have
enough room to fashion a phone holder if the 3-ring binder is removed.
Pictures are at my website:

http://www.geocities.com/newtonium62/verona_1.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/newtonium62/verona_2.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/newtonium62/verona_2.jpg