[NTLK] Sending in my Newt for Apple Repair

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jul 13 2001 - 20:13:01 EDT

OK,
With that last email from a fellow Newton-ite giving
such glowing praise for Apple's Newton repair, I think
that it is time for my Newton to go in for repair
(don't ask what's wrong with it...the list is far too
long! Suffice it to say that I'm not very easy on my
stuff!)
So, my question has to do with sending in an upgraded
Newt for repair!
My Message Pad 2000 was upgraded to a 2100 by the
Doctor (Thanks Dr. Newton) quite a while ago...
If I send in what appears to be an ordinary Newton
2000, even though I will make it clearly obvious that
this is an upgraded Newt...what can I do to make sure
that Apple will not send me back just a plain ol' 2000
again?
Has anyone had experience in sending in modified
Newts? (how would Apple handle the PixSollutions speed
upgrade? or David's Serial Port addition?)

Thanks for any information on this.

Ed
web/gadget guru

=====
note: This does not constitute a sig file...