Re: [NTLK] Simple Mail Question

From: THX 1138 (onefishtwofish_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Jul 12 2001 - 22:33:51 EDT

On 7/13/01, Patrick Meuleman quoth:
>I asked this question about a week ago but haven't seen a reply (maybe I
>just missed it). Would someone with SimpleMail experience please let me
>know if what I'm trying to do is possible?
>
>I've just started trying out simplemail (was using Enroute before) and I
>have a question. With Enroute when I check my mail (i.e. "receive" from the
>InBox) it automatically sends any mail that I have in my out box (after it
>has checked if I have any new mail to be received). I can't seem to get
>simple mail to behave in the same manner (i.e. I have to explicitly tell it
>to send mail). Is there a setting somewhere that I'm overlooking?

As far as I know, no. However I don't like/use this feature in my
desktop programs, and it makes more sense for me to do one bulk email
send on my newton, so I'm not the person to answer this. (I mostly
posted so you wouldn't feel ignored :) )

(I really am spending way too much time checking email at work...)

later,

--
ben.
onefishtwofish_at_mac.com

Newton Connections: The most obsessively updated Newton news site on the web: http://mail.jcsarchitects.com/~ben

Newton: Still intelligent after all these years.