Re: [NTLK] Another Apple/Newton Rumor

From: Jack Skoda (jskoda_at_ellacoya.com)
Date: Thu Jul 12 2001 - 21:31:55 EDT

On Thursday, July 12, 2001, at 11:57 , Loren Finkelstein wrote:

> It's funny the things people come up with.
>
> Here's one thing I have noticed, repeatedly. A lot of these Apple PDA
> fantasies refer to future Newton's running some form of OS X.

I've been playing with an Agenda VR3 (a PDA running a lite Linux kernel.)
It's
neat but oh so slooooow. OS X on a Newton-like form factor would be
great if they get IR and PCMCIA support get ironed out in X. AFAIK Apple
has
never released or sold off the HWR software that make the Newton way
better than any Palm. With Newton-like HWR and UNIX underpinnings...
In the immortal words of Austin Powers, "Oh behave!"

--
-- Jack Skoda <jskoda_at_ellacoya.com>