Re: [NTLK] Removing screen protector [Was: Re: SBM Utilities]

From: Mark Ross (markross13_at_home.com)
Date: Thu Jul 12 2001 - 20:17:50 EDT

>> It is an adhesive type (I think) by Concept Kitchen I put it on when I
>> first
>> got the Newt and It is getting a lot of pox marks from usage.
>
>This is the WriteRight. You shouldn't have any problem removing it. It
>doesn't have any adhesive on it, AFAIK. That's what I'm still using and
>usually, I will just start peeling one of the corner, sometime helping
>with the corner of a business card.
>
>-Laurent.

If it is a WriteRight, they use adhesive and the best way is to pick at a
corner and then CAREFULLY and slowly remove the film. The problem with
adhesive backed screen protectors is that any adhesive will undergo peel
build, that is, it will build in peel force after its been on a while.
This can damage the multi layer screen if you're not careful. If its a
NuShield, just use a bit of adhesive tape on one corner and use it to
pick up the corner. They use no adhesive, so there is no chance for this
kind of damage. You can also use your thumbs to slide the film down from
under the case edge and pick it up that way.

The Folks at Tested Products
The Makers of NuShield

NuShields, your best defense against screen scratches and abrasion.
Get them at: http://www.NuShield.net