[NTLK] eMate battery

From: Gruendel, Frank 3837 PPE-S3 (Frank.Gruendel_at_de.heidelberg.com)
Date: Thu Jul 12 2001 - 09:30:06 EDT

The eMate doesn't have battery contacts like the Newton models. The
batteries and the ptc resistor
are soldered to 4 wires that end in a small female connector. This connector
fits into its male counterpart
inside the eMate.

Frank

>I did not follow the discussion before, but for me (as an electrical
engineer) this looks like a hardware problem of improper >battery
connection. Do you use the battery pack only or do you have the external
power supply connected as well?
>I have not seen the Emate hardware so far, but it should be possible to
check if there is enough pressure on the contacts and >if the contacts are
pretty clean (especially inside the Emate). Maybe the Emate has to be opened
to check this.
>Of course there is a possibility to get it fixed professionally, and
moreover if you live in the UK, but this is very expensive:
>it is the Apple European Central Product Repair Center (ECPRC), located at
Dunstable Bedfordshire.