[NTLK] e-Mate problems

From: Brian Miller (brimille_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jul 11 2001 - 22:17:09 EDT

Awhile back I asked the list about some difficulties I
was having with the power supply on my e-Mate.
General consensus was that I needed to replace the
battery pack.

I have finally changed the batteries and things have
only gotten worse. Although the pack is charged, if I
close the door and then open it again, half the time
there will be a re-boot and the message that "all
power was removed."

I would be happy to do a Hard Reset and reinstall the
packages, but now the touch-screen isn't responding at
all, so when I get to the "Do you want to erase data
completely?" screen, I can't choose either Yes or No,
so it won't reset.

Any ideas? Does anyone know if Apple has anywhere I
could get this looked at/fixed in the UK?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Brian Miller