Re: [NTLK] No longer supported software (was) Newtools

From: John Johnson (kamikazebear_at_excite.com)
Date: Wed Jul 11 2001 - 18:17:06 EDT

On Wed, 11 Jul 2001 13:26:01 -0500, newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net wrote:

> i\Is anyone involved in any other social/technical groups that
> specialize in maintaining an ongoing use of some form of
> retro/abandon-ware? Perhaps we can take some advice from the legions of
> nerd still utilizing thier commodore 64s? I can bet that they have been
> in the loop as far as uncontactable software makers for a spell longer
> that we have. And dont tell me no-one uses their c64, i still have mine
> plugged in, and got the port of Mosiac working on it, to boot.
>
> On Wednesday, July 11, 2001, at 11:56 AM, John M. Powell wrote:

Hell! I'm definately up for it! C64? Picked one up some time ago but haven't
been doing much with it except the occasional game.
I've been doing all kind of things with the Apple II and had thoughts of
having some dumb-terminal software tracking the II serial port while I try
to port ascii-files and maybe the occasional binary from the Newt: must be
possible!
As for the Sinclair, the 48k Spectrum was my first ever computer (the
Sinclair User mag was where I 'borrowed' the kamikaze-bear tag and I've
grabbed a copy of some book on hacking airwave transmittions using Z80 and
Sinclair BASIC but there you go!
On the "discontinued" front, newt-wise, Ive been trying to trace a good
supplier of PCMCIA flash cards: does anyone know a good supplier?
The Power is Yours! Go Planet!
John Johnson