Re: [NTLK] Palm IIIe to MP2100 (Names/Notes)

From: Steve Scotten (splicer_at_paroxysm.com)
Date: Tue Jul 10 2001 - 16:24:34 EDT

On Tue, Jul 10, 2001 at 03:37:53PM +0000, Doug Ramsay wrote:

> I'm sure this is a FAQ, and if so, can someone point me to the answer. I'd
> like to port Palm Names adn Notes as cleanly as possible to my MP2100. I've
> seen threads on the opposite.

I never found the answer in any FAQ list.

Apparantly MS Outlook works. There are synchronization tools for both Newt
and Palm for Outlook, and it should just be a matter of synchronizing Newt
to Outlook and then the Palm to Outlook.

I didn't want to send Microsoft my money, so I used an old copy of Lotus
Organizer (2.1) in a similar way, but I had to purchase Puma Intellisynch
(and the old version of that too--the newer version doesn't have the
translators for 2.1. You'll need Intellisynch 3.7 I think which is still
available on the Pumatech.com website) in order to synch with the palm. In
my case, ordering Intellisynch was less than buying Outlook by about $20,
but it still wasn't free.

There really oughtta be a way to synch *anything* to a vCard/vCalendar LDAP
server without having to resort to proprietary software. The options above
are for if you're running Windows. The options will be different on a Mac.

Good luck,

Steve