Re: [NTLK] Memory fault in 2100

From: Humphreys, David (david.humphreys_at_honeywell.com)
Date: Tue Jul 10 2001 - 09:35:20 EDT

Uh oh!

Sounds like you have bought a 2000 MLB wrapped in a 2100
case. :(

While it is possible for part of the dram to be defective,
it's not likely. And to have it work and show 1M same as
a 2000 is very telling.

The way to tell if it really has 4M fitted is to open
the case, remove the ROM board and see if the chips are
soldered close to the ROM board connector. If you can see
a row of gold (or silver if they have been tinned) pads
between the chips and the connector, you have been conned!

Now it is possible that the guy who sold it to you was
not aware of this and simply went by the marking on the case.

You need to either send it back, talk refund or decide to upgrade.

An upgrade will involve swapping a couple of chips.

Good luck.

Regards,

David Humphreys