[NTLK] Mac plusses buried alive was Re: OFFTOPIC: The Cube Is

From: arthur battram (apb_at_cityplex.demon.co.uk)
Date: Mon Jul 09 2001 - 12:29:05 EDT

A bizarre double lifeform with the appellation 'Greg & Jeanette Wayman',
apparently of the species known as Species 5618 to the Borg Collective,
emitted this datastream:

> Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2001 21:30:31 -0700
> From: Greg & Jeanette Wayman <gwayman_at_earthlink.net>
> Subject: Re: [NTLK] OFFTOPIC: The Cube Is

> In an effort to kill this monster I created, I quote from the Almighty
> "Mac Bathroom reader"
>
> "Apple officially discontinued the Macintosh XL, ne'e Lisa, on April 29th,
> 1985. and
> the last
> Lisa rolled off the assembly line in the Carrollton, Texas factory on May
> 15th, 1985.
> Sun
> Remarketing of Logan, Utah purchased the 5000 unsold Lisas in inventory and
> took
> several thousand more used and broken units on consignment. It did quite well
> selling
> the
> Lisas after upgrading them with the latest Mac technology, but in
> mid-September 1989,
>
> Apple decided to literally bury the Lisa once and for all. Under the watchful
> eye of
> armed
> security guards, 2700 Lisas that had been on consignment were interred at the
> Logan
> Landfill (880 cubic yards @ $1.95 per yard.) so that Apple could receive a tax
> write-off."
>
> Now DIE you nasty thread.......We know resume to our regular
> programming.......

this humble carbon-based unit merely emits the following data interrogative
in the hope of enlightenment:

didn't they also entomb a buncha macplusses?

Best wishes

PS: threads don't die, they just get assimilated by servers...