Re: [NTLK] The Cube Is Dead!

From: Bill Davis (newton_at_ecity.net)
Date: Sun Jul 08 2001 - 23:24:23 EDT

>> Nope, it was the Lisa. I'm positive. I was reading a web site a few
>> weeks ago that had scans of the articles from the paper of the city where
>
>> they dumped 'em about the dumping. For tax reasons, it was easier/cheaper
>
>> for apple to landfill 'em than to donate 'em.
>>
>> - Bill
>>
>And there's me thinking that the US was starting to move ahead in terms of
>waste management. At least in the EU there is the WEE(E?)
>directive coming by 2002 which would have people thinking longterm about the
>use of technology.

Umm....you DO realize that the Lisa dumping was 15 or more years ago,
right?

I hardly think it qualifies as an indication of the current state of
affairs here....

>I have *and still occasionally use* an Apple III, I almost handed the Mac
>512k (4meg, actually!) for spare parts when I got the PowerMac but
>I was advised to hang onto it for its cuture "collector" "value" and so it
>has joined the Johnson Museum of Technology along with the Sinclair
>Spectrums (one of which I still use), Apple IIs (still in use!), &c.

Sounds like the Davis Museum of Technology. ;)

Bunches of ancient Macs and Newtons, old TRS-80's, ancient PDAs, you name
it.

 - Bill Davis