Re: [NTLK] Newbie Question

From: John Johnson (kamikazebear_at_excite.com)
Date: Sat Jul 07 2001 - 15:28:36 EDT

On Sat, 7 Jul 2001 10:57:29 -0700, newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net wrote:

> Hi.
>
> As a newbie, I've been lurking in the background.
> Finally, I have a few questions for those of you with experience:
>
> 1. What is the best email program to use
> 2. What is the best browser to use.
> 3. How can I use my Newton Ethernet to browse files on my other computers
> (PCs with Windows 2000)
> (I've also got Macs on the network)
>
> I currently have Web Hopper and Enroute which I use through my Ethernet
> network (MS Advanced Server)
> I have a Message pad 2100 with a 3com Ethernet card and 20 meg Intel
Flash
> card.
>

> Thanks for any and all help!
>
> Steven
>

> --

What?
You call yourself a Newbie?? No way!
Web Hopper isn't too bad and I count the LunaSuite pack and PocketCall
pretty much in the same league but LunaSuite is a bit of a biggie and takes
a load of space. PocketCall's less demanding (Nice manual!) and
NetHopper is fairly OK if memory is at a premium (when will we *ever* get
"enough" memory??).
As for EtherNet there is the software around: it's a pity I just have the
almost-stand-alone PowerMac otherwise I'd have downloaded some and I'll
remember the url-tag of the place it came from..., but it's definately to be
found out there!
Happy hunting.

John.