[NTLK] Quickfigure exchange problem

From: Bob Durst (durstb_at_fst.orst.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 05 2001 - 17:24:50 EDT

I haven't use QFX for a long time (since upgrading desktop hardware).
When I try to transfer a sheet, it times out without making a
connection. I have tried the hints noted in the help file. Anyone
have any additional clues as to how to get the connection to work?

I have no trouble connecting with NCU, but when I switch to Excel and
try to transfer, my old computer is the only one listed, and when I
choose "other computer" to pick the new one, no connection is ever
made. This is on my home network, where even though I have appletalk
devices, there is no named zone (is this a problem?-wasn't with NCU).
Both the old computer and now the new one show up with NCU. I have
tried reinstalling all the Quickfigure software on both the Newton
and desktop, but the default (old) computer names are retained. Is
there a place in the Newton where I can do the equivalent of throwing
away the preference file on the desktop?

Current Hardware: desktop Mac 8500, OS 9.1, Excel 2001 (QFX installed
and apparently functional); Newton 2100 with QFX installed,
connecting via Appletalk. I don't have a suitable serial cable to try
connecting this way.