Re: [NTLK] MacInTalk Only What I Want You to Speak!

From: Marco Mailand (Marco.Mailand_at_psi.ch)
Date: Wed Jul 04 2001 - 05:11:19 EDT

> Firstly I couldn't get Newt to only speak part of a note, document or
> selected text, except an eBook provided you specify pages (RouteBook by
> Steve Weyer). You can't specify part of a page.
I found a very simple solution which let you have the Newton speaking
highlighted text only. But it requires DashBoard or any similar program as
well as Macintalk and whatever else is needed to be installed. I DB you can
launch a script (e.g. SpeakSelection) by means of writing a letter in the
square box. You need then a script which does the following:

local t := GetHilitedTextItems();
foreach item in t do
PlaySound(item);

That's it and it is so simply and can even play these notes-songs with the
special tune notation.

--
With best regards / Viele Gruesse

Marco Mailand http://slsbd.psi.ch/timing