Re: [NTLK] Travelling with the Newton for the first time%26In-Reply-To=%26lt;p04330115b767a7bc0cf9@[63.208.203.195]>

From: matthew_at_crescent.org.uk
Date: Wed Jul 04 2001 - 04:57:11 EDT

I've done plenty of travelling around Europe and put my computer and newt
through the x-ray machine every time. It's not caused any problem at all. It's
actually rather cool to get to the other side and watch you laptop come
through the machine!

One tip though: Wait until you are just about to walk through the metal
detector gate and make sure you are not going to get held up. I've heard of
people putting their laptop on the conveyer belt of the x-ray never to see it
again. Why you waited at the metal detector gate while that man emptied his
coin collection out of his pocket his mate was helping himself to your laptop
and leaving the airport :-(

Oh and steel toe work boots - get you a search every time :-(