Re: [NTLK] a =20 problem (?)

From: Jim Anderson (jiman_at_microsoft.com)
Date: Mon Jul 02 2001 - 13:39:11 EDT

        Two things:

        First of all, I'd like to chime in with the others in giving
Rich a big hand for all the work he did to help keep the Newton
community together while the Planet Newton NewtonTalk problem was
happening. When I first got my first Newton, he helped me out a whole
bunch, and he continues to help us all with every update to This Ol'
Newt. We're all better off for you around, Rich.

        Secondly, your =3D20 issue seems to stem from character encoding.
All your messages that come through fine use US-ASCII encoding, while
the messages with the funky character encoding use UTF-8, which is a way
to encode Unicode text in plain ASCII strings. I'd suspect that your
mailer is using it when you type a message with a non-ASCII character in
it. I'm not familiar with the AOL client for the Mac, though, so this is
all guesswork from examining your mail headers.

        Regards,
        Jim